The college was buzzing with the arrival of over 200 P7 pupils from our main feeder primary schools: Ballymacrickett PS, Crumlin Integrated PS, Gaelscoil Ghleann Darach, McKinney PS, St Joseph’s PS, Round Tower Integrated PS and Straidhavern PS. The purpose of their visit was to participate in STEAM and Creativity Workshops which included a wide variety of subjects over the four days, each using growth as the theme of their activity:
- Science - Investigating chemical reactions
- Music - Learning and performing a pop song
- PE - Understanding Body Development
- Drama - Creating a piece of physical theatre
- Technology and Design - Transition from 2D to 3D nets
- Art - Surface design & collage of boxes
- Home Economics - Creatively decorating cupcakes
Everyone enjoyed a morning of learning and fun at the College where both P7 pupils and staff expressed their interest and delight at the activities.
We thank the principals of the primary schools for allowing the pupils to attend. Such interest bodes well for future interest in the College as pupil enrolment continues to thrive.